Oracle released OBIEE 188.8.131.52.1 as a patch release. I have got number of queries around OBIEE clients installable for 184.108.40.206.1. The client installable is a part of the Patch 16556157 bundle; to be specific the patch 16869578 relates to the client installable.
This blog is an attempt to write about the how to get OBIEE 11g client installable(s) and subsequent installation steps.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Bundle Patch 220.127.116.11.1 is available on Oracle Support. The link to download the patch 1656157 is as below. Make sure that you have chosen the right operating system for the patch download.
The Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Bundle Patch 18.104.22.168.1 comprises the following patches:
16453010 - Patch 22.214.171.124.1 (1 of 6) Oracle Business Intelligence Installer (BIINST)
16849017 - Patch 126.96.36.199.1 (2 of 6) Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher (BIP)
16916026- Patch 188.8.131.52.1 (3 of 6) Enterprise Performance Management Components Installed from BI Installer 184.108.40.206.0 (BIFNDNEPM)
16850553 - Patch 220.127.116.11.1 (4 of 6) Oracle Business Intelligence Server (BIS)
16842070 - Patch 18.104.22.168.1 (5 of 6) Oracle Business Intelligence Presentation Services (BIPS)
16869578 - Patch 22.214.171.124.1 (6 of 6) Oracle Business Intelligence Platform Client Installers and MapViewer
- Extract p16556157_111170_MSWIN-x86-64.zip
- The extract will end up with multiple zip files, choose BISHIPHOME_11_1_1_7_0OBIEEBP_GENERIC_130607_1544_16869578.zip file and extract file with extractor utility (7.zip)
- Click biee_client_install_x64.exe to install. The folder structure is based on assumption that the downloaded patch is extracted on D: of local machine D:\p16556157_111170_MSWIN-x86-64\16556157\BISHIPHOME_11_1_1_7_0OBIEEBP_GENERIC_130607_1544_16869578\16869578\files\clients\biserver\ biee_client_install_x64.exe
- Choose Language > Introduction > Next >> Choose Install Folder > Next >>Choose Short Cut Folder > Next > > Next >> Installation Complete
- Click on Done > Open ODBC Data Source Administrator, Make sure that driver for Oracle BI Server is available to define a system DSN as shown below.
Check version of the OBIEE 11g client > Open Administrator > Help > About BI Administrator Tool